HAVE AN IMPACT BY CONTRIBUTING TO OUR RESEARCH
Charity Entrepreneurship, an incubator for high-impact charities, is seeking an intern to assist with our research in mental health and happiness.
About Charity Entrepreneurship
The best charities in the world have a huge impact. Charity Entrepreneurship (CE) is a startup incubator dedicated to getting more great nonprofits founded. Our organization conducts research to identify the most promising potential charitable interventions, then runs a training program that incubates 10+ evidence-based charities per year. Focus areas include animal advocacy, health policy, mental health, and family planning. See an update about our 2019 charities here.
How you will make a difference
The research produced by our team determines the charities that are found each year. Your work will help inform our decision-making process and influence our funding decisions. It will allow us to examine more charity ideas in depth and improve the quality of the interventions for the charities we incubate in 2020. This has the potential to significantly increase the quality of life of those affected by mental health conditions around the world.
About the role
As a research intern you will directly contribute to our research process. You will work on sections of our final reports on multiple different interventions ranging from lobbying for positive education to distributing SSRIs. You will work on time capped sections of our final reports. This could include:
What we need
- Intelligent and quick learner
- Strong research ability
- Basic understanding of effective altruism
- Able to put in a minimum of 5 hours a week
- Able to commit to at least three months of internship (less if full-time)
- Familiarity with the written output of Charity Entrepreneurship
- Background in psychology or global mental health
- Extensive knowledge of effective altruism
- Able to put in 10+ hours a week
- Able to work on short turnaround times
- Available during the GMT time zone workday
- Help determine the mental health charities founded in June 2020
- Gain experience with an effective altruism nonprofit
- Work with like-minded, dedicated, and compassionate teammates
- Get a strong resume reference
- Enjoy flexible work hours and location
- Expected hours: minimum of 5 hours a week, ideally 10+ hours up to full time
- Location: remote or London-based
- Payment: unpaid
- Application deadline: 17th April, 2020
To apply: Fill out this application form. After completing the application form the strongest candidates will be contacted for an interview.